Friday, January 17, 2020

January Art in Dallas part 1 - Kettle and 500x


So this was the first big to do in Dallas for the new decade. 
I got to see the current show at Kettle Art and 500X. I have also visited Conduit and Talley Dunn Gallery. I'll discuss those shows in a follow up.
The main show at Kettle (and oh boy it was a show) was a Japanese Artist by the name of Peelander Yellow as well as some other Japanese Artists. He did a fun bit of performance-ish art. I also found out that a friend of mine from college that lives all the way in Baltimore knows the artist in question.
This show was very expressive and had a lot of fun energy. Other Artists such as Sonomi Kobayashi and Yusuki Okada also exhibited their work. It looks as if Kettle's show will be pretty short term, so check it out while you can.

 
500X had a ton of really interesting art in their current group show, including three dimensional light work and experimental collage work and some mechanically operated found object artwork.

The best work was the paintings exhibited upstairs. As much as I like how adventurous as 500x can be, I often see the best work last. The artist below was my favorite of the show. Unfortunately the specific works in question are not listed on the site. Important lesson learned... write down the names. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment